Saturday, May 5, 2012

2012: New Year, New House, & a New Post!!!

Finally, I return to my little blog to share another post.  Yes, I am off to a very slow start, but maybe 2012 is my year to get into this blogging thing!

It is a chilly, rainy May day as I sit in our beautiful new home.  Dinner is simmering, Matthew is playing legos or something boyish and Malachi is in the bath.  (Don't worry, my computer is located catty cornered to the bathroom, and I can hear him playing).  Our home is a wonderful blessing from God.  A couple months ago, we were living in a 3 bedroom townhome, cramped but thankful.  Little did we know God had this new home in mind for us!  I will not get into all the details, but it is pretty amazing how I happened to find this house on Craigs List of all places. 

(Okay, okay.  I know the picture is not the best.  I am just a little amazed right now that I knew how to do this.)

This house is pretty big.  It is close to 100 years old (I need to do some investigation to find out the exact deatils.  So far I know a little old lady lived here until her death and it used to be a cow farm).  There is a beautiful backyard that looks out onto cow pastures and the Appalachin Mountains.  Breathtaking!  But it is old.  It is not perfect.  It has bugs and other unamed creatures that come for visits. The cat loves it. The boys love it.  Joshua loves it. I love it. 

The upstairs has three main rooms: our bedroom, the boys room, and a homeschooling/craft/play room.  Off the homeschooling room is a nice sized extra room that we are actually using for Joshua's office.  Yay!  Joshua gets his own office!  A bathroom is attached to that.  Oh, there is a good sized foyer or sitting area upstairs.  Downstairs has a nice foyer and a living room on one side, guest bedroom on the other.  We also have a good sized dining room and a decent kitchen.  There are a few little closets and little nook type areas that help to give this house some personality.  The kitchen has a great pantry and we have a mud room.  We got a freezer which makes me so happy!  The yard is big and full of nice trees and bushes and I planted a little garden.  I am having a chicken coop being made and plan to keep about 6 or so hens. 

When I take better pictures, and do more stuff, I will post again.  Hopefully we will see each other before 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment